Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Zipcar CEO: ‘If You Don’t Have Passion For Your Job, Quit’

The Wall Street Journal
September 18, 2012

How do executives stay organized? What are their management strategies? And what do they do for fun? Executive Suite seeks answers to the behind-the-scenes questions. (Edited excerpts follow.)
Scott Griffith
Age: 53
CEO and Chairman, Zipcar Inc.
CEO since February 2003
WSJ: What’s your daily schedule like?
Griffith: I’m up almost every day about a quarter to six. I sometimes do a workout at home. I always check email about 18 times before I even get to the office. I’m very well-scheduled now, usually in half-hour or one-hour increments, so [there’s] very little in-between time. If I’m in the office, I’ll have some business meetings, or press interviews or talk to investors. It’s hard to find quality time to really think strategically about the company and some of our bigger challenges and ideas, so you have to force that into the schedule. So I have a hard hold on Friday afternoons: From 1:30 p.m. until I go home, there is absolutely no way you could schedule time on my calendar.

To continue reading........ 

No comments:

Post a Comment