Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

‘Latin America needs independence to prosper’ – President of Nicaragua

Russia Today
October, 31, 2012

Nicaraguan President Daniel Ortega believes Latin America requires freedom from external influence to flourish. For Nicaragua, this means building a canal for self-sustainability. He told RT that all this is possible as hegemony is in decline.

Ortega argues that the world needs multi-polarity. Moreover, it is already heading in that direction.
The only option for hegemonic nations “is to change themselves, and to that end, they need to evolve, and to promote a world order that would be in line with international law, UN principles and the laws of international trade in a multi-polar world.”

He also believes that capitalism has failed to resolve problems such as “unemployment and poverty.”
He says that US “aid” equals “debt” and for Latin American nations to achieve prosperity they need independence.

Read more......

No comments:

Post a Comment