Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

China Analysis: The reform of China’s defence economy

by François Godement

European Council on Foreign Relations - 17 Jun 13

China’s growing defence budget is a symbol for China’s military rise. However, little is known about the state of China’s defence sector. Beijing is not only developing its own military-industrial complex, the country is also struggling with the reform of its defence sector.

The latest issue of China Analysis - The reform of China's defence economy - shows that China’s defence sector is changing: New management reforms are being introduced, there are serious attempts to improve civil-military integration and there are debates about how the defence sector can become more innovative.

To read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment