Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Monday, November 25, 2013

'Golden rice bowl' attracts China's best and brightest

By Feng Ke and Katie Hunt

CNN November 25, 2013

College student Wang Zixu was among the 1.1 million hopefuls who packed out school and universities across China on Sunday to sit the country's civil service exams.
It's a tradition that dates back more than 1,300 years when exams were first held to select the best applicants for ancient imperial bureaucracy. Today's young job seekers are vying for government posts in record numbers.
Like many of the candidates, Wang, who will graduate next year, says the prospect of stable salary and good benefits make more it appealing than the private sector that attracts many of the most ambitious minds in the U.S. and Europe.
"I think the exam wasn't too hard. I answered all the questions," Wang told CNN after taking the three-hour exam outside the China Institute of Political Science and Law.

To read more....

No comments:

Post a Comment