Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Friday, November 1, 2013

NSA scandal may stop AT&T's ambitions to expand in Europe

Russia Today - November 01, 2013

As leaks pertaining to secretive National Security Agency programs continue to surface, the international community at large is voicing concerns against the United States government. Now telecommunication providers could come under fire as well.
According to recent reports, an attempt by US-based telecom giant AT&T to acquire Europe’s Vodafone company might be easier said than done as the unauthorized leaking of top-secret NSA documents continue to paint not just the US intelligence agency in poor light, but also the private industry participants linked to the government’s surveillance programs.
Earlier this week, the Wall Street Journal reported that AT&T’s plan to expand on the other side of the Atlantic was being questioned after officials from Germany and other European nations voiced concern over the relationship between the US telecom and the NSA.

To read more....

No comments:

Post a Comment