Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, January 9, 2014

What is Wrong with the Social Sciences Today?

Roberto Mangabeira Unger – 

By Social Science Bites | January 9, 2014

Roberto Unger has spent his academic life at Harvard writing about abstract areas of law, politics, philosophy, and teaching – among others – one Barack Obama. But he’s also had a life outside the ivory towers in politics. He wrote a political manifesto and was a minister in Brazil. His theoretical ideas are difficult to pigeonhole, but this one  is clear: he’s a vociferous critic of the entire discipline of social science – at least as it is currently practiced.
In the latest edition to Social Science Bites, Roberto Unger discusses what is wrong with the social sciences today, arguing that they have degenerated into a pseudo-­‐science.

To listen his talk....

No comments:

Post a Comment