Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Barack Obama: The Least Transparent President in History

By Amy Goodman & Denis Moynihan

Democracynow.org - March 27, 2014 

“My Administration is committed to creating an unprecedented level of openness in Government.” So wrote President Barack Obama, back on Jan. 29, 2009, just days into his presidency. “Openness will strengthen our democracy and promote efficiency and effectiveness in Government.” Now, six years into the Obama administration, his promise of “a new era of open Government” seems just another grand promise, cynically broken.
As the news industry observed its annual “Sunshine Week” in mid-March, The Associated Press reported that “[m]ore often than ever, the administration censored government files or outright denied access to them last year under the U.S. Freedom of Information Act [FOIA].” The AP report continued, “The government’s efforts to be more open about its activities last year were their worst since President Barack Obama took office.”

Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment