Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Soros Says Europe Faces 25-Year Slump Without Overhaul

By Jesse Westbrook

Bloomberg - Mar 12, 2014

Billionaire investor George Soros said Europe faces 25 years of Japanese-style stagnation unless politicians pursue further integration of the currency bloc and change policies that have discouraged banks from lending.
While the immediate financial crisis that has plagued Europe since 2010 “is over,” it still faces a political crisis that has divided the region between creditor and debtor nations, Soros, 83, said in a Bloomberg Television interview in London today. At the same time, banks have been encouraged to pass stress tests, rather than boost the economy by providing capital to businesses, he said.

Read more....

No comments:

Post a Comment