Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Industrial & Commercial Bank of China Buys Turkey's Tekstilbank

By M Rochan    

International Business Times - April 29, 2014

Industrial & Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) is set to acquire Turkey's Tekstil Bankasi.
The move will gives China's biggest lender access to new business and could help it offset a lending slowdown at home, which has pulled down profit growth to its weakest in about five years.
ICBC on 29 April said it will acquire a 76% stake in Tekstilbank, as the Turkish lender is known, from its parent for $316m (£188m, €228m).
The Chinese lender also said its net income for the first-quarter rose 6.6% to 73.3bn yuan ($11.71bn) from 68.7bn yuan a year ago.
The acquisition will extend state-controlled ICBC's reach overseas and encourage China's ambitions for yuan internationalisation, Richard Cao, an analyst at Guotai Junan Securities, told Bloomberg.

Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment