Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Future of Food?

By Dahr Jamail

Truthout  - Tuesday, 27 May 2014 

Imagine a fish farm and vegetable garden that produces 500,000 pounds of fresh fish and 150,000 heads of lettuce annually.
Now imagine that the farm uses aquaponics, aquaculture and greenhouses, and is actually a reclaimed, bio-remediated wastewater treatment plant.
Lastly, imagine that, despite being located less than four miles from the downtown area of a city of more than six million people, it is completely self-sustaining and leaves no carbon footprint.
This lofty ideal is not a dream. It is in the process of becoming a reality.
The farm is the brainchild of artist Jack Massing and restaurateur Rob Cromie, and the city is Houston, Texas.

READ MORE.....

No comments:

Post a Comment