Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Friday, October 3, 2014

2014: The Best Year for Job Creation This Century

White-collar jobs are leading the way in a potentially historic year for the U.S. economy, but wages still aren't growing.

Derek Thompson

The Atlantic - Oct 3 2014

The U.S. economy added 248,000 jobs in September, pushing the unemployment rate to 5.9 percent, the first time it's dipped below the 6-percentage floor since July 2008—or more than 320 weeks.
One month is just one month, and, as always, these numbers are subject to dramatic revisions. But with January through September in the books, there is enough data from the year for economist Bill McBride to think about putting champagne on ice, if not quite popping the corks. The economy is "on pace to be the best year for both total and private sector job growth since 1999," he writes. The following graph compares our 2014 trend line with the last 14 years of job creation.*

READ MORE.....

No comments:

Post a Comment