Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

America in Retreat: The New Isolationism and the Coming World Disorder

By LEE SMITH

The Weekly Standard - Dec 8, 2014

Bret Stephens is the Wall Street Journal’s Pulitzer Prize winning foreign affairs columnist. He is also author of a new book, America in Retreat: The New Isolationism and the Coming World Disorder, detailing the Obama administration’s foreign policy blunders. Recently I spoke with Stephens about his book, how this White House has caused trouble for America abroad, and if there’s hope on the horizon.
Lee Smith: Is retreat a choice?
Bret Stephens: Yes—at least this retreat is. Barack Obama came to office determined to scale down America's global commitments for the sake of what he likes to call "nation building at home." He is the president who, King Canute-like, commanded the tide of war to recede and declared that al Qaeda was on a path to defeat. Obama has fulfilled the promise of George McGovern's 1972 run for president: Come Home, America.

READ MORE.....

No comments:

Post a Comment