Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

China Focus: Property sector, farewell to "golden era"

English.news.cn - 2014-12-30

BEIJING, Dec. 30 (Xinhua) -- After years of breath-taking expansion, China's property sector is finally cooling down. However, buying a house is still an unaffordable option for Lyu Haoran, a post-1990 graduate in the western city of Lanzhou.
Lyu, 24, grew up during China's most prosperous decade. He now faces a housing market where ballooning prices make it harder for young people to buy a home.
The property sector has been an important driver of growth in the world's second-largest economy for most of the past decade, as housing prices soared and construction of new apartments mushroomed across the country.
"I cannot afford one now. I don't want to sacrifice the quality of my life just to afford an apartment, even if I have sufficient savings to pay the down payment," Lyu said. "Home-ownership is not my top priority and it seems not so important for our generation as it used to be for our parents."
A recent study by the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS) confirmed the change in the mind-set of young Chinese, most of those born in the 1990s like Lyu.


READ MORE....

No comments:

Post a Comment