Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, December 7, 2014

China releases online videos documenting Nanjing Massacre

Xinhua - 2014-12-07

BEIJING - China's State Archives Administration (SAA) released a 10 minute video on its website on Sunday documenting the Nanjing Massacre.
The video, which includes residents' diaries and photos taken by foreign residents at the time, is the first of a seven-part video series scheduled to be released one per day. Sunday's video also features photos taken by invading Japanese troops at the time.
The archives are valuable documents revealing Japanese troops' crimes against humanity, which urge the world to permanently end anti-human atrocities, an accompanying statement said.
The video was released ahead of China's first National Memorial Day for Nanjing Massacre Victims, which falls on Dec. 13.
Japan invaded northeast China in September 1931, followed by full-scale invasion that started on July 7, 1937. Around 35 million Chinese soldiers and civilians were killed or injured during the war which continued until 1945.

READ MORE....

No comments:

Post a Comment