Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Friday, January 2, 2015

The #1 reason people die early, in each country

by Dylan Matthews

Vox - January 2, 2015

The above map shows the leading cause of lost years of life by country (click to see a larger version). The data comes from the Global Burden of Disease study, whose 2013 installment was released just a few weeks ago.
It's worth stressing that "cause of lost years of life" and "cause of death" aren't identical. For example, deaths from preterm births may cause more lost years of life in a country than deaths from heart disease even if heart disease is the leading cause of death. Deaths from preterm births amount to many decades of lost life, whereas heart disease tends to develop much later on.

READ MORE....

No comments:

Post a Comment