Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Friday, April 10, 2015

China plans to build rail link with Nepal through Mt Everest

INDIA TODAY - April 9, 2015

China plans to build a 540-kilometre strategic high-speed rail link between Tibet and Nepal passing through a tunnel under Mt Everest, a move that could raise alarm in India about the Communist giant's growing influence in its neighbourhood.
"A proposed extension of the Qinghai-Tibet Railway to the China-Nepal border through Tibet would boost bilateral trade and tourism as there is currently no rail line linking the two countries," state-run China Daily reported on Thursday.
The rail line was expected to be completed by 2020.
However, there was no word on the cost of the project.

The 1,956-km long Qinghai-Tibet railway already links the rest of China with the Tibetan capital Lhasa and beyond.

READ MORE....

No comments:

Post a Comment