Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Here’s How Managers Can Be Replaced by Software

Devin Fidler  

Harvard Business Review - April 21, 2015

Fortune 500 executives spend a fair amount of time thinking about how automation and the Internet are changing the nature of employment, but they rarely wonder how technology will have an impact much closer to home: on their own jobs.
For the last several years, we have been studying the forces now shaping the future of work, and wondering whether high-level management could be automated. This inspired us to create prototype software we informally dubbed “iCEO.” As the name suggests, iCEO is a virtual management system that automates complex work by dividing it into small individual tasks. iCEO then assigns these micro-tasks to workers using multiple software platforms, such as oDesk, Uber, and email/text messaging. Basically, the system allows a user to drag-and-drop “virtual assembly lines” into place, and run them from a dashboard.

READ MORE.....

No comments:

Post a Comment