Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Monday, May 11, 2015

America’s Changing Religious Landscape

Christians Decline Sharply as Share of Population; Unaffiliated and Other Faiths Continue to Grow

PEW Research -  May 12, 2015

The Christian share of the U.S. population is declining, while the number of U.S. adults who do not identify with any organized religion is growing, according to an extensive new survey by the Pew Research Center. Moreover, these changes are taking place across the religious landscape, affecting all regions of the country and many demographic groups. While the drop in Christian affiliation is particularly pronounced among young adults, it is occurring among Americans of all ages. The same trends are seen among whites, blacks and Latinos; among both college graduates and adults with only a high school education; and among women as well as men.

READ MORE: http://www.pewforum.org/2015/05/12/americas-changing-religious-landscape/

OR

DOWNLOAD THE FULL REPORT: http://www.pewforum.org/files/2015/05/RLS-05-08-full-report.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment