Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, May 24, 2015

China and Latin America: Diversification is the Key Word

By Alicia Bárcena

People's Daily - May 25, 2015

The visit that Chinese Premier Li Keqiang begins last week to Brazil, Chile, Colombia and Peru marks a new milestone in the deepening of economic, political and cooperation ties between Latin America and the Caribbean and China.
Premier Li's visit and the speech he will give to the region from ECLAC's headquarters on May 25th are part of China's sustained effort to forge a joint path since that country recognized in 2008 the strategic nature of relations with our region in its White Paper (the formal document where it states official policy in that regard).
These bilateral economic relations face many challenges, but there is a key word: diversification. In the past 15 years, ties have been highly dynamic. The value of bilateral trade grew 22 times greater between 2000 and 2014, and China is already the region's second most important trading partner.

READ MORE.....

No comments:

Post a Comment