Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Monday, May 4, 2015

How Saudi Universities Rose in the Global Rankings

Charles McPhedran

Al-Fanar Media  / 15 Oct 2013

The associate education professor’s program was one of the winners in this year’s rankings.
King Saud University’s education faculty was the only one in the Arab world to achieve a top 100 rating in its discipline in the 2013 QS rankings.
A key contributor to the department’s success, Alshamrani explains, are the “excellence clusters” that the university has set up, including his group, the Excellence Centre for Science and Mathematics Education.
“We have a clear focus,” he says, with evident pride. “It’s about improving our research and that will improve our situation in science and mathematics education in Saudi Arabia.”
The major rankings – those done by Times Higher Education, QS and Shanghai Jiao Tong University’s Center for World-Class Universities – give the impression that Saudi Arabia’s best universities, King Saud University and King Abdulaziz, comprise a minor Arab Ivy League.

READ MORE....

No comments:

Post a Comment