Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

The top 25 hedge fund managers earn more than all kindergarten teachers in U.S. combined

By Philip Bump

The Washington Post - May 12, 2015

During his remarks on poverty at Georgetown University on Tuesday, President Obama noted the discrepancy in pay between two very different sets of workers.
This comparison has been made before in different ways, but we figured it was worth checking.
The most recent government data on teacher employment covers the 2011-2012 school year. The Education Department's tallies of all teachers in elementary and secondary schools nationwide found that they made about $56,600 that year. But kindergarten teachers are a different group. For that, we turn to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. In 2012, the nation had about 158,000 kindergarten teachers, excluding whose who work in special education. The average salary was $53,480.

READ MORE...

No comments:

Post a Comment