Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Monday, May 4, 2015

U.S. and Egypt Announce Multi-Million Dollar “Academic Aid”

Sarah Lynch

AL-FANAR MEDIA / 28 Apr 2015

CAIRO – The United States and Egypt announced a multi-million dollar higher education initiative at a long-delayed launch event Sunday, marking a milestone for educational ties between the two nations and expanding academic opportunities for Egyptian students to study at home and abroad.
The $250-million effort, which will extend over the next several years, involves a slew of scholarships, exchange opportunities and institutional partnerships with the aim of developing Egypt’s economy.
“You may wonder why the United States is investing so much in new scholarships to Egyptian students,” said Robert Stephen Beecroft, U.S. Ambassador to Egypt, at the event, which was held at the American University in Cairo’s campus on Tahrir Square. “One reason is that Egypt’s future as a secure, prosperous, democratic country is critical to the stability of this vitally important region.”

READ MORE....

No comments:

Post a Comment