Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Monday, August 10, 2015

A NEW REPORT: Extremism Concerns Growing in West and Predominantly Muslim Countries

Worries Especially Widespread in Western Europe and U.S.

PEW RESEARCH - JULY 16, 2015

As the Islamic militant group ISIS continues to entrench itself in Syria and Iraq, and instigate terrorist attacks around the world, concerns about Islamic extremism are growing in the West and in countries with significant Muslim populations. Since 2011, the percentage saying they are very concerned about Islamic extremism in their country has increased 38 percentage points in France, 29 points in Spain, 21 points in the United Kingdom, 20 points in Germany and 17 points in the United States.

Concerns are also up significantly in Nigeria (+18), the Palestinian territories (+16), Lebanon (+12), Pakistan (+9) and Turkey (+8) since 2013, before ISIS became widely known.

READ MORE…..

No comments:

Post a Comment