Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, September 17, 2015

How to Live Wisely

By RICHARD J. LIGHT

THE NEW YORK TIMES - JULY 31, 2015

Imagine you are Dean for a Day. What is one actionable change you would implement to enhance the college experience on campus?
I have asked students this question for years. The answers can be eye-opening. A few years ago, the responses began to move away from “tweak the history course” or “change the ways labs are structured.” A different commentary, about learning to live wisely, has emerged.
What does it mean to live a good life? What about a productive life? How about a happy life? How might I think about these ideas if the answers conflict with one another? And how do I use my time here at college to build on the answers to these tough questions?

READ MORE....

No comments:

Post a Comment