Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Man completes his sociology Ph.D. at age 90

By Kathy Hovis

CORNELL CHRONICLE - Oct. 22, 2015

Back in 1972, Benjamin Franco Suarez was diligently working toward his doctorate in sociology at Cornell, studying the fertility behavior of Bolivian women as part of his work on demography, economic development in developing countries and Latin American studies.
He passed his B exams, but needed money and a job, so he took what he thought would be a short leave of absence to earn some money, planning to return quickly to finish up.
Forty-three years later, Franco Suarez, now 90, received his doctorate in September and was honored at an Oct. 19 campus reception. He spent the last year confirming his results by using correlation analysis on the data he’s been carrying with him for nearly four decades.

READ MORE....

No comments:

Post a Comment