Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Dispatch from Italy: Ending Rural Hunger

Homi Kharas and John McArthur

BROOKINGS | October 21, 2015 

Italy hosted two major events for global food and nutrition security last week. The Committee on World Food Security (CFS) convened its 42nd annual session in Rome. And leading figures then gathered to honor World Food Day at Expo 2015 in Milan, which has already been visited by over 20 million people.
The CFS was first launched in 1974. It forms an inclusive international and intergovernmental platform to promote coordination on norms and standards for food security and nutrition (FSN). This year, the committee agreed to place implementation of the sustainable development goals, especially Sustainable Development Goal 2 on ending hunger and malnutrition, at the center of its efforts through 2030. The multi-year work program is being developed with that in mind.

READ MORE....

No comments:

Post a Comment