Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Friday, September 15, 2017

Islamic Movements (Week-2): Readings and Newspaper Articles

Dear all,

For this week, (Second Week you should read the following articles:

Milestone by Sayyid Qutb (posted on google drive)
Islamic Government (Vilayat-e Faqih) By Ayatollah Khomeini (posted on google drive)
What is Post-Islamism? By Asef Bayat (posted on google drive)

DOCUMENTARY:
·       Iranian Revolution 1979 Fall of a Shah - BBC Documentary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s5pRsCWW9k

NEWSPAPER ARTICLE PRESENTATION: Please bring the newspaper articles. Articles SHOULD BE related with ISLAM AND CAPITALISM/NEOLIBERALISM. Other subjects will not be accepted. PLEASE VERY BRIEFLY SUMMARIZE YOUR ARTICLE IN THE CLASS!

I need a print copy (First page) of your article, and please include your full name on it. 

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. 

Best to all,

Tugrul Keskin

No comments:

Post a Comment